[cvsnt] Sharing CVS Repository

Mic Julia every_thing_freezes at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 03:19:49 GMT 2005

I have been trying to get the answer to this question for some time and have also gone through various documentation that is available with no success. I have installed CVSNT 2.5.03 along with WINCVS 2.0.2.4 onto my WINXP machine. I am able to create a repository on my local C drive and have successfully imported several files into the repository. I want to be able to have developers share the same repository that I have build so that there is a centralized place where they can checkout code, modify and then check back into the repository. I would appriciate anyone that could guide me on how to do this. I have been to many of the resources that are available but have been unable to get this to work.

My company wants developers to share a common repository mush like Microsoft Visual Source Safe and PVCS where everyone checks out from a common repository then modifies the checked out file and then checks back into a common repository. I am not sure how many people are familiar with the Websphere IDE and Eclispe but I would like to get CVS to work thru the IDE. I am not sure how to do this but any help would be appriciated,

Thanks again,

Mick