[cvsnt] poblem whith unedit when use commit -e

Vladimir vab at borlas.ru
Wed Dec 21 15:25:52 GMT 2005

Hello all.
We have a poblem whith unedit when use commit -e .

Here are steps:
1. cvs edit file.txt
current version 1.1 (as said 'cvs status')

2. cvs commit -e file.txt
current version 1.2

3. cvs unedit file.txt

So we get a notification: "file.txt has been modified; revert changes?".
When we say 'yes' to forget our 'virtual changes' current version become again 1.1.

4. cvs update
current version 1.2

CVSROOT/cvsrc

unedit -R
edit -c -w -R
commit -R
update -t -f -R -d
tag -c -R
rtag -R

Server: WinXP.
Client: W2K, WinXP.

-----------
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151 (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2001 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors
CVSNT version (Nov 14 2005) Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Tony Hoyle and others
see http://www.cvsnt.org

Commercial support and training provided by March Hare Software Ltd.
see http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro

CVSNT may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution.

The CVSNT Application API is licensed under the terms of the
GNU Library (or Lesser) General Public License.

SSH connectivity provided by PuTTY:
  PuTTY is copyright 1997-2001 Simon Tatham.
  Portions copyright Robert de Bath, Joris van Rantwijk, Delian
  Delchev, Andreas Schultz, Jeroen Massar, Wez Furlong, Nicolas Barry,
  Justin Bradford, and CORE SDI S.A.
  See http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Perl Compatible Regular Expression Library (PCRE)
  Copyright (c) 1997-2004 University of Cambridge.
  Licensed under the BSD license.
  See http://www.pcre.org/license.txt

--
Best regards,