[cvsnt] Re: RCS corruption during tagging

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Thu Dec 22 14:23:35 GMT 2005

Randy McCharles wrote:
> The older 2.0 server has hard drives set up the same way, but is a Windows 2000 server.
> These same large projects were tagged using the same scripts while on the old server, without the RCS corruption. It is only after moving them to the new server that the problem started. It "looks" like a bug in 2.5.02 that was not in 2.0.51
> However, since the hardware and OS have also changed, who knows...

I would recommend either upgrading the old server to 2.5.02 or
downgrading the new one to 2.0.51 so you can rule out CVSNT (or at least
the change in CVSNT version) as the culprit.

In my experience, overwritten files is a sign of a bad HDD.  Assuming
you aren't using :local: protocol across a network link (look for a
network drive letter anywhere in your CVSROOT), I would guess hardware
as the most likely cause.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett