[cvsnt] SSPI Problems

Bob Provencher bob at aesirsoft.com
Fri Dec 30 02:43:15 GMT 2005

Arthur -

The passwords are the same for the client and server by design, I set them
up that way.  The usernames are the same also, but they are not the same
accounts of course since there is no trust.

There is no domain on the server, it is a standlone windows 2003 server that
is not part of any domain.

Previously, sending username and password worked, similar to how you can
connect to a share on another machine with no trust.

I don't think what you are now seeing is correct behavior.  I should be able
to authenticate to a server with no trust using either a local or domain
account username/password on the target server, using either
servermachinename\username or serverdomain\username and a password.

To see what I mean try mapping a drive.  You can connect using your current
account or a "different username" which is supported for exactly this
reason, mapping in a non-domain or non-trust environment.

>> I imagine that the only way it will work is with:
>> :sspi:SERVERMACHINELOCALDOMAIN\servername:/repositoryname

I don't know how you've implemented, SSPI but that is not correct syntax for
a username.  In a domain environment you specify DOMAIN\username, in a
non-domain it's machinename\username.

>> Depending on the version of windows on your server you may also need to
>> force the encryption to a lower level:
>> :sspi;force=NTLM:SERVERMACHINELOCALDOMAIN\servername:/repositoryname

I'll play with that, but again that is not correct syntax.

-- Bob