[cvsnt] How to check out multiple projects from different repositories...

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Tue Feb 1 00:11:51 GMT 2005

Has anyone setup an alias that will allow you to checkout to projects with
one command with the following requirements?

1. Checked out two projects with one command, call them Project_a and
Project_b.
2. Project_a and Project_b are on different CVS servers, one using SSPI
protocol, one using pserver protocol.
3. Project_b needs to be checked out such that it's a subdirectory of
Project_a. i.e. Project_a\subdir1\Project_b

I would like to set this up such that users can pull it from WINCVS. I'm
open to making a script if I have to and adding it to the Macros list. I've
been looking at the alias options in the modules file in CVSROOT, but I
don't think the syntax will allow the nesting projects or pulling from a
server other than the one the modules file is running on. Same seems to go
for the modules2 file, but I'm not real familiar with what all it's capable
of doing.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Curt