[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt and defect tracking

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Feb 1 21:18:06 GMT 2005

Dianne Chen wrote:
> 1) Do many of you use defect tracking software? If so,
> which one?

MantisBT

> 2) If you do run defect tracking software, is it
> integrated with cvsnt?

Not in my instance, but there is a new module to allow CVS commit
messages to be posted to bug reports with matching bug ID's (I think
that's what it does, not sure).

> 3) I am aware of need to minimize applications running
> on the cvsnt server... That being said, do many of you
> run your defect tracking package on the cvsnt server
> anyways? Do many of you run a webserver on the cvsnt
> server (for ViewCVS?)? Has there been much impact? Was
> anything done to minimize the hit on cvsnt?

Performance isn't usually that easy to answer -- it depends on a lot of
factors.  I have about a dozen developers using my prod CVS server and
it shares a machine with SQLServer, MySQL, and IIS running some internal
apps + Mantis + ViewCVS.  It's no problem for us, but the server has
lots of memory and plenty of % idle time.

--
Glen Starrett