[cvsnt] Re: Server can't talk to itself, was: CVS tries connecting to localhost, want remote

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Feb 2 15:49:39 GMT 2005

Dick Jackson wrote:
>>cvs server: connect to 127.0.0.1(127.0.0.1):2402 failed: No
>>connection could be
>>made because the target machine actively refused it.
>

> ... I believe it's telling me that when the server is trying to talk to itself
> (lock server) and is failing! I confirm this by trying telnet from the server
> PC, and it cannot open a connection to *anything*, even to a working ftp port 21
> which *other* machines *can* connect to without fail.

Firewall preventing local access?  It could also be a bad TCPIP stack,
there was one version of an AV product (can't recall the name) that had
a problem but it was fixed awhile back.  Try using the diag tool
"cvsdiag.exe" in your cvsnt directory and post the results.

Another possibility is that your server doesn't understand that
localhost is 127.0.0.1, I think I saw that once before.

You *should* be able to connect locally...  There is probably a problem
not directly related to CVSNT that is causing it.

--
Glen Starrett