[cvsnt] Can I get file differences between tags ?

Maxim Sizov maxwizard at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 12:23:35 GMT 2005

--- Richard Kerry <Richard.Kerry at bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm about to put the projct I'm working on into CVS.
> I have a question about generating minimal sets of
> deliverable files.
>
> I need on a regular basis to prepare a set of files
> to be delivered to
> our customer's representative.  I'd like that set of
> files to be just
> the files that have changed or been added since the
> last delivery.
>
> I'm expecting to use tags to control this.
> There will be a Current Tag and a Previous Tag and I
> want to know which
> files have been changed or added between the two
> tags.  Ie some sort of
> Tag Difference operation.

To get the difference between two tagged "snapshots"
you may use the following command within a module:

cvs rdiff -s -r rel-1-0 -r rel-1-1 . 2> nul

where the "rel-1-0" and "rel-1-1" are tag names.
If you need the changes from tag "rel-1-0" till now,
omit second -r switch

cvs rdiff -s -r rel-1-0 . 2> nul