[cvsnt] Locally mounted working - not SSPI - 2 diff. errors on 2 computers

Zurd zurd3 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 21:37:46 GMT 2005

Hi, I have 2 linux box with Samba / winbind and CVSNT
installed on it, talking to a Windows 2000 with Active
Directory.

With both computers, with a locally mounted protocol
it work just fine, I can get all the names of every
modules.

But, with our test box (gentoo), if with a windows
2000 computer we log on to it with the SSPI protocol
it says "server and client cannot agree on an
authentication scheme".  There is a FAQ on this
problem there :
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Faq#head-043c177fa25beabf176aa0aa93a4dd583fcbb430
But it doesn't seem to be the problem at all.

And with the other box (red hat), if with a windows
2000 computer we log on to it with the SSPI protocol
it says "no such user : WORKGROUP/user in
CVSROOT/passwd".

What is interesting, is that both computers have
exactly the same config file for CVSNT and Samba.

For example :

EncryptionLevel=0
WinbindWrapper=/usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp

server_args    = pserver

passwd:      files winbind
shadow:      files
group:       files winbind

auth    sufficient      /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
auth    required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account sufficient      /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
account required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so

SystemAuth=no

Anyone knows what is happening?

Thanks