Fw: [cvsnt] Problem using cvsnt and gssapi

andreas_bergen at delmia.de andreas_bergen at delmia.de
Fri Feb 4 07:30:09 GMT 2005

> An Ethereal trace from the client might help.

as the capture is too big, I cannot post it to the list, but everybody who
might help in this can receive it directly via email.

> Is the principal cvs/<hostname>@<realm> registered?

yes it is. And it works from Unix machines.

> What version of the Windows Kerberos code do you have?

the newest MIT Kerberos for windows 2.6.5.

> What is in the cvsnt protocal_map.ini?

right now (using CVSNT 2.0.62.1864) there is no protocol_map.ini. I had
also tried other versions but haven't changed anything in this file
compared to the installation defaults.

> Is there any cross realm? i.e. users in one realm, the CVS server
> in another other?

No. All authentication is done using AD: On my windows client as well as
using MIT-kerberos on the Unix machines.

> Are the user's in AD, and server in MIT based realm?

The Windows-machine authenticates directly (windows native) to AD, though
there's MIT kerberos for Windows running and working on it (can get
credentials, import credentials, etc.). The Unix-machines use MIT-kerberos
directly authenticating to the same Win2003-AD-KDC-server.

> I have had cvsnt-2.0.58a working, to a unix based gserver cvs-1.12.9
> using the MIT gssapi on both sides, with users registered in Windows.

Might it be possible to get your config-files in order to find out the
differences?

Any help still greatly appreciated.

Yours
  Andreas Bergen