[cvsnt] Re: Locally mounted working - not SSPI - 2 diff. errors on 2 computers

Zurd zurd3 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 18:42:23 GMT 2005

--- Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote:

> Zurd wrote:
> > And with the other box (red hat), if with a
> windows
> > 2000 computer we log on to it with the SSPI
> protocol
> > it says "no such user : WORKGROUP/user in
> > CVSROOT/passwd".
>
> try:
>
> wbinfo --domain WORKGROUP -n user
>
> If that works (returns a SID) then ntlm_auth should
> work.

Yes, a SID is returned, something like
S-1-4-21-and-a-bunch-of-others-numbers.  So ntlm_auth
looks like it is working.

> > WinbindWrapper=/usr/bin/ntlm_auth
> > --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
>
> What happens if you run that directly?  It should
> just wait for input..
> typing things will get you a BH response.

Running /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
 will wait for a response, I just CTRL-C it to make it
go away.

> For a better test try
>
> /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --domain=WORKGROUP
> --username=user --password=passsword

This returns NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0)

Looks like everything is setup perfectly fine ! :(

I'm going to re-install Red Hat, Samba and CVSNT, I
did make some changes in /etc/pam.d so maybe I did
something wrong in there.

And, well, unfortunately, if it's still not working,
I'll have to install Windows and CVSNT on it instead
of Linux ! :(