[cvsnt] Re: commit followed by a tag

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Fri Feb 4 19:42:20 GMT 2005

Interesting, but does it work?

I tried committing 2 files at different revisions at the same time, I don't
see a commit identifier, where do I find it?
I tried using the -B option (bug identifier) with a commit in the following
ways:

cvs commit -B bug1 -m"lets try the -B option"
cvs commit -Bbug1 -m"Lets try the -B option"
cvs commit -B 1 -m"Lets try the -B option"
cvs commit -B1 -m"Lets try the -B option"

But all I get is an invalid -B option message with the following usage
statement.

Usage: cvs commit [DnRlf] [-B bug | -b bug ] [-m msg | -F logfile] [-r rev]
file
s...
        -b bugid        Only commit files related to bug (implies -B).
        -B bugid        Mark files with bug.
        -c              Check for valid edits before committing.
        -D              Assume all files are modified.
        -F logfile      Read the log message from file.
        -f              Force the file to be committed; disables recursion.
        -n              Do not run the module program (if any).
        -l              Local directory only (not recursive).
        -m message      Log message.
        -R              Process directories recursively.
        -r branch       Commit to specific branch or trunk.

-b doesn't work any better.

cvs version returns
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)

Do I need a more recent version of CVSNT?

cvs -H update doesn't mention anything about bug identifiers.

Am I missing something?

Your continued help and patience is most appreciated.
Matt S.

news:cu0glc$kri$1 at paris.nodomain.org...