[cvsnt] 2.0.62.1870: cvs release does not work

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Feb 5 14:18:47 GMT 2005

I tried doing a cvs release while I was testing modules behaviour with
2.0.62.1870. So from a command prompt at the folder above the checked
out sandbox I did this:
F:\CVSTESTING>cvs release CVSMailerSrc
Are you sure you want to release directory `CVSMailerSrc': y
Are you sure you want to release directory `CVSMailerSrc': Y
cvs release: warning: unrecognized response `0' from cvs server

As you can see there is a dialogue where I am asked to confirm, but
entering y does not work and entering Y breaks the function.
So I tried with the Swedish equivalents next but got the same
behaviour: the first reply "j" resulted in a repeat of the dialogue
and the next "J" in a cancellation of the command.

>From within WinCvs, where i started this first, the result is that the
command never finishes. The fish swim forever until the stop button is
hit.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)