[cvsnt] Re: 2.0.62.1870: cvs release does not work

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Feb 5 16:17:44 GMT 2005

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:38:47 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Are you sure you want to release directory `CVSMailerSrc': y
>> Are you sure you want to release directory `CVSMailerSrc': Y
>
>Something else wierd - you will never get two prompts (unless possibly
>you've entered the same directory on the command line twice).  It'll
>just let you keep typing characters until it knows what to do with one
>of them.
>
>TOny

The j/J characters come from the Swedish response Ja (=Yes) and I
tried this just in case. Should not have worked since my PC:s are in
principle always using US-English versions of the operating system.

I am doing the tests on a Win XP command prompt located in the folder
*above* the module I want to release. In my last test I found out that
I had an environment variable CVSROOT pointing to the wrong server so
I changed that to the correct one. Then I got this:

F:\CVSTESTING>set CVSROOT=:sspi:ALTAIR:/Test
F:\CVSTESTING>cvs release CVSMailer
Are you sure you want to release directory `CVSMailer': y

F:\CVSTESTING>dir
 Volume in drive F is Eagle F
 Volume Serial Number is 5064-C593

 Directory of F:\CVSTESTING

               0 File(s)              0 bytes
               4 Dir(s)   7 993 004 032 bytes free

F:\CVSTESTING>cvs ver
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.62.1870 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.62.1870 (client/server)

I had to confirm the y entry with the Enter key and then nothing
happened, I got back my command prompt and the folder is still there
with the full contents of files.
Note: The module I am releasing is checked out as a virtual module if
that matters, the definition is like this in CVSROOT/modules:

CVSMailerSource -d Source CVSMailerSrc
CVSMailer &CVSMailerSource &Common/Binaries &Common/Class1

Is this what keeps cvs from being able to release the sandbox?
I tried going into the sandbox and release the internal modules the
same way but the effect is the same (nothing)...

Later:
I am now answering my question above concerning virtual/real modules:
After checking out Common the regular way as a physical module and the
repeating the above to try and release Common, I get the same
disappointing results. Nothing happens...
I answer y to the confirmation message, then it does something without
showing any message and is done. The folder and all of its contenst is
still there.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)