[cvsnt] Error reading from server localhost

Eric Fransen eric.fransen at 1100cc.nl
Sun Feb 6 10:52:14 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a problem running cvsnt on a w2k laptop.
When I try to login I get the message:
cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server localhost: -1: Unknown error.
I'm trying to login using pserver
I have made an account cvs_dev with user authorization (admin
authorization makes gives the same error).
I can set the cvsroot (set cvsroot=:pserver:cvs_dev at localhost:/cvsrepo)
I've read something about Norton Anti Virus and firewall, but that's not
it. Both are not running on my system.
I tried the same installation procedure on a XP pc and this worked
perfectly.
Also after a clean installation of my laptop I get the same result.
Getting desperate...

Eric Fransen
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Eric%20Fransen/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Handtekeningen/eric.fransen@1100cc.nl>