[cvsnt] Re: cvs update -C -d does not work in eclipse sandbox?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Feb 7 06:43:31 GMT 2005

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> I use cvs co LifeGoesOm and I seem to get all my files.
>
> I use eclipse to check out the same project into a different sand box
> and I don't get all my files.
>
> So I thought: I'll just use the cvsnt command line client and fix
> this up.  So I go to the sand box and type "cvs update -C -d".
>
> This did not help. I go to the specific directory that is missing a
> file and try it again. No error. No files either.
>
> I do a cvs log studioForm.java and I see the history of the file. Why
> does not cvs update fetch it?

Hmm, maybe Eclipse used a branch for the checkout and the missing file
is not on that branch? In that case try cvs up -A . Otherwise I have no
idea what might be going on there I'm afraid... Could you maybe check
whether there is a file called Entries.Static (usually 0 byte length)
in the CVS subdir of the folder where the missing file is supposed to
appear?

Cheers,

--
Oliver