[cvsnt] Re: How to access modules2 in a repository that is upgraded?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Feb 8 09:57:36 GMT 2005

What I did was this:
- Initialized a new repository using 2.0.62.1873
- In CVSROOT I found modules2,v
- I copied this file to the test repository CVSROOT folder
- Then I did an update on the CVSROOT sandbox and modules2 appeared
- Next I edited in the module definition and committed
- Now CVSNT rebuilt the admin files and also produced a modules2 file

So in this respect I know it can be done, probably possible to create
a modules2 file and cvs add it too, but that will not have the syntax
comments inside of course.

Anyway I am now suspecting that we have a case of handling error here
since my modules2 definition contains a reference to a physical module
with a name containing an & char. I used this before to check how taginfo
handles it after I once found that folder names with & broke taginfo.
This is solved but maybe not modules2 handling.
Next when I get home I will try what happens if I remove that line.
If that cures the problem then I will also check with folder names
containing other "strange" chars like " " and - and possibly also ! and ,
A good test would be a folder named "!-&kalle kula-," this is a legal name
in Windows but I suspect (without actually testing) that it wil be a hard
one to crack for CVS...

/Bo