[cvsnt] modules2 does not work properly on 2.0.62.1873

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 8 19:18:54 GMT 2005

I have now narrowed down the modules2 problem to these:

A) cvs ls does not show virtual modules from the modules2 file only
those from modules.

B) As sson as a definition for the root level is entered into a module
definition then nothing else is checked out...

Look here:

[Advance]
SomeFiles=ModuleXX/NewCommon
Common=ModuleYY/CommonFiles
Source=ModuleXX/Source

This results in a sandbox with 3 folders SomeFiles, Common and Source
populated with their respective files.

[Advance]
SomeFiles=ModuleXX/NewCommon
Common=ModuleYY/CommonFiles
Source=ModuleXX/Source
/=ModuleZZ/NewCommon

This results in a sandbox where *only* the files inside NewCommon are
checked out on the root level, no sign of any of the folders.

If I start out with the first definition and check out the module,
then add the last line to the modules2 file and after that I update
the checked out module, then as by magic the extra files from
NewCommon appear.
And I can update the complete module now.

I think this has to be fixed before the 2.0.62 is released as a stable
version because the modules2 handling is probably rather uesful and
many are waiting for it to actually work (like me)...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)