[cvsnt] Re: modules2 does not work properly on 2.0.62.1873

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 8 23:30:52 GMT 2005

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:25:54 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>>>B) As sson as a definition for the root level is entered into a module
>>>definition then nothing else is checked out...
>>
>> But this still remains an issue...
>
>That's going to have to wait for the rewrite... there's no way that can
>work unless the root directory has the same name as the module.. the
>core code doesn't have the ability to resolve it.

The snippet below is from the comment section of a modules2 file that
I created using init on a 2.0.62.1873 server:
# [bar]
# / = realdir4
# dir_to_delete =
# foo = foo

The first line after [bar] to me indicates that the contents of
'realdir4' would in fact be dropped into the root of the checked out
module 'bar' and that there will be a subfolder to that as well named
'foo'.

How else would one interpret the wording in the template modules2
file?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)