[cvsnt] Re: How to use ampersand or alias modules and get the top level files?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Feb 9 12:51:04 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:

How about:

 Modulename

   |- ModulenameCode
   .   |
   .   |- Project files <== This is my problem right here!
   .   |- Project source folder
   .   |    |- Source files and subfolders
   .   |
   .   |- Common files folder
   .   |    |- Common files and subfolders
   .
   |- (maybe "ModulenameDocs", to make some additional sense out of the "Code" above :)

> I want a few project files including a module description to be
> checked out on the top level then everything else in subfolders.
> Ampersand modules makes this possible except the top level files.

I abandoned modules after some research. Mainly because they don't
integrate well with any of the GUI clients. Updates usually don't work well
if at all if new directories can be expected to be created. But my
experience is mainly with new development (lots of new directories all the
time), not really with maintenance development.

Gerhard