[cvsnt] Re: CVS Linux to CVSNT Windows 2003 migration.

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 10 22:15:54 GMT 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:11:02 -0500, RRos at rccl.com wrote:

>I need to migrate a CVS install on Linux to CVSNT running on Windows 2003,
>have minimal knowledge of CVS and Linux, I?m planning to move 1 or 2 small
>projects first and after correcting any problems then I?ll move the rest,
>what?s the best way of doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look here
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/MoveFromLinux

Note that there is no point in moving just one or two projects. Just
TAR up the whole repository minus the CVSROOT folder and dump it into
the new CVSNT repository.
You might want to first configure the CVSNT server and test it with a
fresh test repository, but once that works you should be able to just
copy all of the old stuff over.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)