[cvsnt] Re: How to use ampersand or alias modules and get the top level files?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Feb 11 11:07:54 GMT 2005

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> Now you could do the following:
>
> ModuleFiles -d ModuleAmp RepoModule File1 File2 File3
> ModuleAmp &AnotherModule &YetAnotherModule
> MyModule -a ModuleFiles ModuleAmp
>
> Checking out MyModule will produce exactly the same result as this:
>
> cvs checkout ModuleAmp ModuleFiles
>
> ... i.e. it will create the following structure:
>
> ModuleAmp           << ./CVS/Repository will point to /RepoModule
>|- File1
>|- File2
>|- File3
>|- AnotherModule    << ./CVS/Repository will point to /AnotherModule
>|   |- (subfolders and files)
>|- YetAnotherModule << ./CVS/Repository will point to /YetAnotherModule
>|   |- (subfolders and files)
>
> ...which, if I'm not mistaken, is exactly what you were after, right?

Thanks, very interesting all this... :)

If I understand this correctly, when working with modules in this manner
you have to:

1- Update sandboxes using the same command you used for checkout (not the
update command), and

2- Keep the module file up to date with any file and directory additions.

Is this correct?

Gerhard