[cvsnt]2003 server incompatibilty

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 15 18:06:02 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:00:52 +0100, "Stephane Antonietti"
<stephane at experian-scorex.com> wrote:

>I've just set up a cvsnt server on a 2003 box. nt server is working fine
>  but pserver is failing returning "switch to user failed due to
>confiruation error."
>This problem seems to be already raised. Did anybody sorted out this issue.

What version of CVSNT did you install?
What do you mean by nt server is working fine? Are you using the
depreciated :ntserver: protocol, or are you using :sspi:?

I have had zero problems when I installed CVSNT on a W2003 server, but
I never use anything else but sspi protocol.
I think that the user impersonation via pserver may be the problem you
have, so under what account does CVSNT service run (you can look in
Administrative Tools/Services if you don't know. Default is to run as
SYSTEM and that is also the best. If you change that then you will get
all kinds of configuration problems.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)