[cvsnt] Support - CVSNT, WinCVS

Fabio Luis C. Bellocchio Accenture.Bellof02-ITLA at unilever.com
Thu Feb 17 20:24:28 GMT 2005

Hi,

Please, could somebody help me?
First of all, I would like to say that I have tested 5 freewares for Version
Control, and, from the side of the user, I'm sure that the CVSNT is the best
system.
Therefore, I am interested in starting its implementation in my Company, but
first I need to make it work perfectly, and so I need a help.

The question is: Which are the steps for accessing the repository on a remote
client, through the WinCVS ? (Since the CVSNT server is running)
On the WinCVS client, I have created a "new repository" through the "Remote"
menu, by trying both the protocols - "server" and "pserver", but the client
still doesn't reach the server. Below, the error for the 2 protocols:

server
* The process doesn't terminate. The window of the MS-DOS remains open, but
there is not response to the WinCVS.
   userneme:	The user of the NT Domain
   pwd:		for the user above
   Hostname:	the name of the CVSNT server on the NT Domain

* pserver
error message: "cvs [init aborted]: authorization failed: server sp6-nagasm01-2
rejected access to /temp for user Bellof02"
   Exactly the same parameters for the "server" protocol above.

So I would be grateful if somebody couls tell me which are the basic steps to
obtain the access to the repository through a network.

Since now, I thank you very much!

My Best Regards!

Fabio Bellocchio
55 11 9936 6427