[cvsnt] how to migrate the Linux CVS repository to Linux CVSNT

Aric Wang Aric_Wang at Jabil.com
Wed Feb 23 06:52:46 GMT 2005

The CVS repository can work with the CVSNT server. But the ACL function doesn't work. Even with the new created CVSNT repository, the ACL function still doesn't work. What configuration is necessary for ACL? I run the CVSNT server under a normal user "cvs". Does the ACL of  CVSNT 2.0.58d work?

-Aric

Aric Wang wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>We have a Linux CVS 1.11.10 repository on redhat linux. We want to migrate it to the linux CVSNT on Redhat 9.0, also we want to untilize the ACL function of CVSNT. How can I do this?

Just copy the repository, no modifications are required. Be aware that
once you have started using the CVSNT-specific functionality, you will
not be able to go back to using standard CVS with the new repository.

-Torsten