[cvsnt] Are these features already exists?

Vladimir vab at borlas.ru
Thu Feb 24 07:48:52 GMT 2005

Hello All,

  We use cvsnt 2.0.58d on win2k. To complete happiness :-) we need
  some features (or bug corrections, you now better). Some of them
  already solved in a 2.5 version, but i'm not shure about others.

  1. Commit and continue editing (without releasing) (there is in doc
     for 2.5) Is it work? I can't test it because of conflict this
     version with 2.0.58d
  2. When we work in a branch and update most recent files from a main
     trunc (-f options) then we need to split main-trunc-file to current
     branch. We can update/edit this file, but not commit. Error for
     'cvs commit -r branch-test d_event_list.srd'
     is:
         cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `d_event_list.srd'
         cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
         cvs commit: saving log message in D:\Temp\cvs194.tmp
     So we need do much more actions than just update/edit/commit and
     it could frustate a beginer.
  3. When we call "CVS EDIT -C" twice second time we get error. IMHO it
     is not logically. I already edit this file, so what this error
     tell me?

  And can you say, is 2.5 version close to be stable or not?

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                          mailto:vab at borlas.ru