[cvsnt] Commit problem... connected to a remote system

Adnan Qaisar qaisar at lonestarco.com
Mon Jan 3 08:10:41 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am new to CVS. Please guide me in the following scenario:

I have installed CVSNT 2.0.58d on the Windows Server machine. I have created
repositories and users for the repositories. Now I want that these users
should be able to connect to internet and work on these repositories. Users
can successfully checkout the data but not able to commit it. The users have
TortoiseCVS 1.8.9 installed.

The TortoiseCVS return the following error when I commit the project:

In D:\temp2\project2: "D:\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "commit" "-m" ""
"testing.txt"
CVSROOT=sserver:user1@<ip-address-of-server>:\SharedProjects\cvsrepo
cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository
Error, CVS operation failed

I have successfully checked out the project from the server by specifying
the following parameters in the Tortoise CVS:

Protocol:                     SSL (:sserver:)
Protocol parameters:
Server:                        <ip-address-of-server>
Port:
Repository folder:         \SharedProjects\cvsrepo
User name:                    user1

Module:                        Project2

Regards,
Adnan Qaisar.