[cvsnt] Re: An unexpected error occurred during logon

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jan 3 11:07:22 GMT 2005

Adrian Herscu wrote:
> The users have local access to CVSNT directories (repo & temp).
> The problem is certainly *not* with directory/file permissions.

It is, at least partially:

cvs [checkout aborted]: cvs [server aborted]: Repository directory
E:/cvsrepo/<my repo> does not exist: Permission denied

The user doesn't have read access to the repository, so the login fails.

Check read access for both LocalSystem and the user to:

E:/
E:/cvsrepo
E:/cvsrepo/<my repo>

Also I assume that E:/ is a local drive not a network drive.

CVSNT can cope with quite a few low-level authentication failures simply
by trying to do it in a different way, so it can succeed even after an
unexpected failure.