[cvsnt] Re: Seeking some advice and help

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jan 5 16:19:38 GMT 2005

As I told you before -- always CC the list.  You'll get a faster
response and broader spectrum of experts.

Pete Peranzo wrote:

>Ok, so my buddy is now connecting from an outside line.
>
>He is using the following settings:
>
>protocol:sspi
>Username  BY
>Password  1234
>Hostname  myipaddress
>Port          2401
>
>The user BY is set up as a windows user and has the pw of 1234.
>
>He can connect,check out and do everything that is needed.  But as a test I
>asked him to try to connect with a different username and/or pw.
>
>He can still get in and access everything using BY and a wrong password.
>He can also still get in and access everything using an invalid user.
>
>Any suggestions?

Are you using XP Home on your system?  That OS won't allow you to do
what you want -- it's brain-dead (more like purposefully lobotomized by
Microsoft) networking forces all incoming users to the "guest" account.
You need to upgrade to Linux or XP Pro.  XP home is fine for standalone
machines, but isn't adequate for networked use.

--
Glen Starrett