[cvsnt] Re: CVS passwords on windows XP

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jan 7 19:36:43 GMT 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 04:34:41 -0800 (PST), Andre Selton
<aselton at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  - Now I try to follow the FAQ on
>(http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm),
>in the answer to the question 'How do I set up
>pserver?'.
>
>  - on the step 2 it says : "Create an empty file
>.passwd in the directory referenced by the HOME
>environment variable for the SYSTEM user (or the user
>that runs he CVS service)". Well I do not have a HOME
>enviroment variable set, so I set it to
>c:\cvstest\home and create this empty .passwd file
>there.

Don't do this. CVSNT does not use such a file.

>  - on the step 5 it says to create the passwd file in
>the CVSROOT directory. So I create the
>C:\cvstest\test\CVSROOT\passwd file.

Don't do this! CVSNT uses the cvs passwd command to manage the
passwords for pserver.

>  Any idea of how make this work ?

Perhaps you can use this (a bit outdated) start guide:
http://web.telia.com/~u86216121/InstallCVSNT.html
or
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips

/Bo