[cvsnt] help needed!, want to update cvs with cvs nt

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Jan 10 10:24:51 GMT 2005

You can update your server to CVSNT and then let CVSNT handle the existing
repository with full handling of the history, tags, branches etc.

But after you have used CVSNT on that repository you cannot go back to the
old CVS because CVSNT has new functions thta are not supported by the old CVS.

Also, you have to care for the config and script files in CVSROOT so that
they work properly. There are some differences in this area.

I would do like this if I were you:
1) Make a copy of the complete repository to some other disk space.
2) Remove the CVSROOT folder from the copy repository
3) Install CVSNT
4) Let CVSNT initalize the repository copy as its own repository
   This will create the CVSROOT directory again but now with the CVSNT version
5) Then configure the system with the proper script files etc (can be copied
   from the old repository in some cases).
6) Start the CVSNT service and check the modules from the new repository
7) If all is well I would tyhen get this into production.

/Bo