[cvsnt] "Floating" Tags?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Mon Jan 10 16:48:21 GMT 2005

Merrill Cornish wrote:

> Next, even if we had a CVSNT repository, it looks like the module
> definitions have to be done on the server by the Administrator.  I
> don't have that kind of access.

As long as you have access to the CVSROOT files (which includes a file
called 'modules' oddly enough), you do not need direct access to the
server to add things to the modules file.  Just check out CVSROOT itself
and edit away (this folder /can/ be protected against casual editing,
but it doesn't come that way by default AFAIK, even on old style CVS).

Oh, and CVSNT runs on Unix just fine, BTW...

John