[cvsnt] Lockserver question

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Jan 11 12:37:12 GMT 2005

Confusion is not uncommon in these situations...

1. The control panel will tell you if the lockserver service is running or not.

2. The setting in the CVSROOT/config file specifies if lockserver shall be used
   for that repository or not

3. In previous versions of cvsnt there was no lockserver so the config files
   you have do not contain that setting as an option.

4. Therefore you have to set lockeserver usage manually in the config file and
   disable the lockfile.

In order to see the correct syntax I suggest that you create a repository from the
control panel applet and let cvsnt initialize it.
Then you can look at the files in CVSROOT of that erepository and you will find
the good syntax for the settings there.
After you are done you can remove the test repository again.

/Bo