[cvsnt] Lockserver question

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jan 11 19:56:38 GMT 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:51:17 +0100, "Koen" <no at ssppaamm.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>But I think I just discovered something: if I set the permissions of my
>directories using the windows user names directly (so NOT using the 3
>security groups, but the single members they currently contain) it seems
>works!
>Is this a bug? I mean: the windows users I am mapping the cvs users to
>ARE each members of their respective security groups (and it did work
>before like that).
>Or did I miss something somewhere (might well be, you know)?
>
>Is this normal, or should I worry about it?
>(just thinking for myself now if eliminating the security groups I made
>and just using the 3 windows users could have any impact on my
>organization... hmmm... need to check this...)

Well,
the user group participation will not be recognized until the user
logs out and logs in again on his Windows workstation after a group
change. Maybe this is what has hit you?
I was hit by this when I did this a couple of years ago, but forgot
all about it...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)