[cvsnt] Lockserver question

Koen no at ssppaamm.com
Wed Jan 12 13:52:39 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Koen wrote:
>> That doesn't help:
>>
>> F:/
>>     everyone full control (so this includes the cvs users)
>>
>> F:/CVSRepositories
>>     CVSAdministrators: Full control
>>     CVSUsers: All except Full control
>>     CVSGuests: All except Full control, Modify, Write
>>
>> F:/CVSRepositories/cvsTest
>>     same as for F:/CVSRepositories
>>
>> So my cvs users definitely have at least read access to each
>> directory above the repository in addtition to the repository
>> itself...
>
> You forgot LocalSystem, who should have read access so that the
> service can find the repository to read the configuration, etc.
>
> LocalSystem is not part of 'everyone' group.

By the way: is this the "SYSTEM" group?
I currently have in fact "SYSTEM" with full control permissions for the
F:/CVSRepositories directory and below (inherited). Not the F:/ root dir
though... Might try if adding it to the top level F:/ helps later
(although it's still strange that it did work for the cvs guest user
(read-only access)).
Anyway, back up running again now! Yay!
Koen