[cvsnt] Can eclipse screw up CVSNT?

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Thu Jan 13 04:09:39 GMT 2005

I'm new to using CVSNT with eclipse. I did not do anything special and I can
see the tree view with all my source code directory/files. When I double
click, I see the source.

Now I did not do anything special to tell eclipse to use CVSNT instead of
CVS. According to the FAQ, Eclipse defaults to CVS and not CVSNT.

Now I remember I had terrible problems when I was inadvertently using the
Cygwin cvs client to create a new repository when I thought I was using the
CVSNT client. If we are sure the repository was created with CVSNT, could we
have similar problems with eclipse?

Is it correct to say that "a repository created with CVSNT is compatible
with CVSNT clients and CVS clients but not vice versa?"

I looked at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-vcm-home/docs/o
nline/cvs_features2.0/cvs-faq.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html#server_cv
snt_config but I expected to see instructions on configuring a client, not a
server. I guess if it works, then the server is already configured
correctly?

Thanks,
Siegfried