[cvsnt] Re: Can't get cvsnt installed on FreeBSD, please help

Björn Carlsson maillist at versionsupport.com
Thu Jan 13 20:14:55 GMT 2005

I have the same problem and I'm a FreeBSD newbie, but rather good at
cvsnt in Windws environment :-\
I installed cvsnt from a precompiled pkg package, and I found that the
package didn't contain any *_protocol.la files (are they needed?), only
*_protocol.so files. So now I'm trying the source distribution instead.

I tried to changed from pserver to sspi by uncommenting:
"WinbindWrapper=/usr/local/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp" in the PServer file (changed
/usr/bin to usr/local/bin) and changing the CVSROOT variable of course.
the the error message changed from:
cvs [login aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN AUTH REQUEST
cvs [login aborted]: [server aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN SSPI

*** compilation finished *** and pserver works :-)
sspi rejected me, but thats a different story.

/Björn Carlsson
VersionSupport.com <http://versionsupport.com>