[cvsnt] cvsnt 2.0.62.1817 first impression

sabdev sabdev_N0_5PAM_ at ibelgique.com
Fri Jan 14 15:41:35 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> sabdev wrote:
>
>> I first used the Innosetup Bo made. Everything installed fine but the
>> control pannel refuse to open. MFC71U.dll is missing.
>>
>> I then installed using the MSI. First installation simply failed to
>> install the cvsnt service. After reboot, I had to Repair the
>> installation then everything worked fine.
>

> Did you uninstall between the two?  You can't just install one over
> the other (you should be able to but it doesn't work that well).

I did uninstall the innosetup, then install using MSI. It failed, then I
choose Repair from the MSI installer.

>> For the 'fun', I copied MFC71U.dll in windows\system32 and then retry
>

> The old installer breaks the rules (because I didn't know how to do it
> any other way when I made it) but you're not supposed to ever put
> anything in system32.  All the new code is designed to run from a
> single directory.

The innosetup installer try to keep the CVSNT control pannel appearing
in the settings->control panel. So cvsnt.cpl has to be copied in
system32 as well as the dependent dll.
If now, you decide to keep CVSNT Control Panel only in the start menu,
I'm fine with it (that's what the MSI does, I think).