[cvsnt] Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Jan 16 20:57:49 GMT 2005

cvsnt 2.0.62.1849 development release

This is a catchup on features/bugs that have been pending since build
1817 was released.  There's quite a bit changed so it may not be 100%

* Script interface (commitinfo,loginfo) etc. extracted into separate
trigger DLL.  This has the following effects:
   1. The interface is now much more configurable...  I'll document this
in a later post (it's vaguely compatible the cvs 1.12 one but more
options eg. defining multiline standard input definitions).
   2. COM and DLL interfaces are only launched through the
CVSROOT/triggers file now.
   3. The DLL interface has changed a lot to accomodate this (COM is now
ICvsInfo4 - the old COM interfaces aren't supported at the moment but a
trigger DLL could be written to do this if there was sufficient demand).
   4. I'm hoping I haven't broken anything... all scripts should work as
before, but if they don't tell me what's wrong and I'll try to fix it.
* Finally removed 'editinfo' which has been depreciated since 1996!
* Fixed a nasty memory problem (hard to replicate but a real nightmare
when you find it) that existed in 1817 at least.  In fixing this I
rewrote a lot of the handling to avoid duplication of memory which has
sped things up quite a bit.
* Aggressively try to fix line endings problems.  It should now be
impossible to break things irrevocably.
* Added -kD (DOS line endings) to complement -kL (Unix line endings).