[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jan 17 20:04:25 GMT 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:34:55 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>I was too quick, the new default_trigger.dll even though added to the
>files in the cvsnt program folder does not work properly.
>Probably needs some registration or similar, but that was not apparent
>to me when reading the MSI script diff.
>So I have removed the installer until I have it figured out correctly.
>Sorry....

Turned out that the problem was actually in a change in CVSNT that
showed up in my loginfo script calling CVSMailer.
So this is a warning for you out there that as of now there are
problems with the loginfo calling to CVSMailer:

1) It is no longer allowed to use backslashes in the path specifier to
CVSMailer. The loginfo line must be changed to be like this example
(on one line):
DEFAULT C:/Programs/CVSMailer/CVSMailer.exe  -l$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT
%{sVv}

2) But unfortunately there are other changes as well that cause
CVSMailer to fail in processing the data supplied to it.
The list of modified files has changed and currently CVSMailer cannot
handle this.
The $CVSPID no longer supplies the same data as earlier so CVSMailer
cannot decode the process it has been called by and so fails to
consolidate properly.

I am discussing this with Tony right now, but if you are using
CVSMailer then I advice holding off a bit from upggrading your
servers.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)