[cvsnt] Re: How does cvsnt.cpl check if the cvs service is installed?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jan 18 06:24:04 GMT 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:02:20 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> what exactly is cvsnt.cpl looking for when it decides thta cvs is not
>> installed? It manages to find lockserver all right...
>
>It looks for the service name 'cvsnt' which is its short name (rather
>than the one with the version number in it).

Where does it look? In the resgistry or some place else?
When I check through the services applet I see this:
Service name: CVS
Display name: CVSNT

Where are these values set? During install by the Innosetup script or
by the service application itself (if it selfregisters as a service)
or how?

On my test server I can use the net command with both CVS and CVSNT as
name, both are able to start/stop the service.
The cvsnt.cpl from 2.0.58d can detect the service but the cvsnt.cpl
from 2.0.62.1849 cannot.
Strange.

Note that I have done an install update all the time since ages ago
using the Innosetup installers. Only these last ones failed.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)