[cvsnt] CVS/Base Directory?

Merrill Cornish merrill.cornish at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 19 17:27:58 GMT 2005

Rick,

I understand about the need for the housekeeping information in the CVS directory, and I'm not about to delete it (or complain about it).  It was just the Base directory that suddenly appeared and started confusing content searches.  The Open Source Development With CVS book dismisses the Base directory as "a rarity" implying that you did something wrong.

Since the Base directory is supposed to be used in case of an unedit, I believe I _must_ delete them since their information is so far out of date.

Merrill