[cvsnt] Re: Installer poll

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jan 21 21:59:33 GMT 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:30:09 -0800, "Terris Linenbach"
<terris at terris.com> wrote:

>Once again, I'm getting into the middle of a thread.  What's the difference
>between Bo's installer and CVSNT's?
>
>Thanks,
>Terris

The difference is that after 2.0.58 Tony has switched to an MSI type
installer instead of continuing using Innosetup. That happened when
cvsnt went corporate because some customers wanted a closed system
(=MS) solution rather than Open Source (= Innosetup)...
This means that existing cvsnt installations must be uninstalled
before the new versions can be installed using that installer.

Since I am allergic to InstallShield after version 2.13 and MSI ins
particular because of the non-intuitive way they work and are
programmed I am trying to prolong the life of the Innosetup cvsnt
installer. I also feel that cvsnt should be Open Source all the way.
So I do this by grabbing the binary snapshot Tony puts out on releases
and running it with the Inno script to produce a setup that connects
with the old setups.

Not much more in fact...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)