[cvsnt] linux client won't authenticate against multiple NT domains.

Ayvaz, James james.ayvaz at hp.com
Sun Jan 23 14:24:14 GMT 2005

Hi,
    I have the following setup:

    DOMAIN A - contains all of the user accounts
    DOMAIN B - contains the CVSNT server

    DOMAIN B trusts DOMAIN A

>From a windows machine I can successfully use the following CVSROOT
variable
cvs -d CVSROOT=:sspi:DOMAINA\user at cvsntserver:/cvsroot login

However when I type the equvilent command on the linux client I get the
following
cvs -d CVSROOT=:sspi:DOMAINA\\user at cvsntserver:/cvsroot login
cvs [login aborted]: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

However if I am able to login using user accounts from DOMAINB the linux
client works?
cvs -d CVSROOT=:sspi:DOMAINB\\user at cvsntserver:/cvsroot login

Has anyone seen this behavior, is it a bug, or am I just missing
something?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I'm using CVS - Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41a
(client/server)