[cvsnt] Another modules question

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jan 25 23:25:44 GMT 2005

Assume that there is this in the modules file:

MyFiles -d Src/MyFiles PRJ/Myself/MyModule myfile.c myotherfile.c
MySources -d Src PRJ/Myself/MyProject/Source
MyProject &MySources &MyFiles

When I check out this I assume I will get a folder:
MyProject/Src/MyFiles
in which I will find the files myfile.c and myotherfile.c but no other
files from the PRJ/Myself/MyModule physical module

What will happen if I now cvs add a file to this folder?
Will it disappear from the folder on the next update because it is not
listed in the module definition?
Or if it stays, what will happen if someone else now checks out the
module MyProject? Will he get the extra file or not?

And what will happen if I do a cvs update on the top of the module and
specify the "create missing directories that exist in the repository"
option? Will this destroy the carefully designed module sandbox?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)