[cvsnt] Re: CVSMailer with CVSNT 2.0.62.1859

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jan 26 21:39:48 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> If the loginfo line specifies the user to receive email using the -r
> option then CVSNT seems to split the -r argument into separate parts
> if it contains a backslash:
> -rDOMINO\bob results in two arguments:
> Parameter 4: -rDOMINO
> Parameter 5: ob

You should also see an error in the output from CVS when it sees that \b
isn't a valid escape (or maybe \b is a valid escape sequence in this case).

> -rDOMINO\\bob results in two arguments:
> Parameter 4: -rDOMINO
> Parameter 5: bob

That one seems strange to me too.  That's why I tried the echo
DOMAIN\\USER test and got that repeated strange character.  Try putting
this in your loginfo and see if you get it too:

DEFAULT cmd /C echo I am $USER or am I DOMAIN1\\E123456

> My interpretation is that if CVSNT finds a single \ it completely
> skips the following character (bob is changed to ob)
> But if it finds a double \\ then the first backslash makes the second
> disappear, thus keeping the next one.

Typically it's \n, \r, etc. for escapes and \\ if you really want a \.
Somehow that remaining \ is getting corrupted or something, I don't get it.

--
Glen Starrett