[cvsnt] Corruption of jar files with eclipse?

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Fri Jan 28 15:43:15 GMT 2005

Are not jar files considered non-text files by default?

When I did a cvs co on the 69.41.164.28 (the server) I did not have a
problem with corruption of jar files.

When I used eclipse to check out a java project on my notebook
192.168.0.201, however, cvs/eclipse corrupted my jar files. I looked in the
cvs/eclipse faq and it said to be sure and use the kb switch.

I'm shocked that jar files are not considered binary by default.

Is it possible that the corruption is unique to the eclipse client? It seems
that this is the case. I just did a jar tvf | more on a jar that I check out
using the cvsnt command line client from the sandbox on 209.97.229.249 and
that one is fine.

What do I do correct this problem? Do I need to write a script that
enumerates every jar file and does a cvs admin -kb on it and then what?
Apparently I do not have corrupted jar files in the sandbox on 69.41.164.28
and 209.97.229.249 because I can build on the former and jar tvf on the
latter. How do I tell if the jar files in the repository are corrupted?

Siegfried