[cvsnt] Re: Corruption of jar files with eclipse?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 28 16:29:10 GMT 2005

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> Are not jar files considered non-text files by default?

They are, although defualts only actually matter during add/import.

> When I did a cvs co on the 69.41.164.28 (the server) I did not have a
> problem with corruption of jar files.

This means the server is probably already treating the files as binary,
otherwise it wouldn't work.

> Is it possible that the corruption is unique to the eclipse client? It seems
> that this is the case. I just did a jar tvf | more on a jar that I check out
> using the cvsnt command line client from the sandbox on 209.97.229.249 and
> that one is fine.

It's definately eclipse then if the command line checks out OK.

It sounds like eclipse is forcing a checkout as text for some reason.
Ask on an eclipse group as they use their own client not a standard one.