[cvsnt] Re: ViewCvs incompatibility with 2.0.62.1863

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Jan 29 00:34:32 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> It looks like when ViewCvs wants to expand the contents of the folder
> I am opening it breaks. The ViewCvs I have is the latest as of Dec
> 2004 and uses the cvsnt cvs binary as the rcs parser.
> Note that I can go one level down by typing in the address in FireFox
> like this:
> http://antares/ViewCvs/viewcvs.cgi/pc/CVSNT/cvsbin/Keep/
> Then it properly displays the SetAcl.exe that is stored there.
> The difference is that I just made a commit of the binaries for cvsnt
> build 1863 and they go to the cvsbin folder, so now the RCS files have
> been modified by cvs 2.0.62.1863 and the rcs parser gives up...

No idea... I don't know nearly enough python to know how to debug
viewcvs - I've tried and got nowhere fast.

rlog hasn't changed its output in this release... haven't touched that
code in a while.

If you know of a way to get viewcvs to tell you what's actually wrong I
can fix it... maybe someone on the viewcvs list knows?