[cvsnt] Re: Warning: Do not update cvsnt to build 1863 on a live server!!!

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Jan 29 22:34:22 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
>>>So for those of you wanting to preserve your code I recommend against
>>>installing build 1863 on anything but a test server.
>>
>>That's why it's a testing/development built....
>
> Yes, indeed!
> I was foolhardy to install it on my private server though...

*ahem*  I think I have you beat here... I had installed it on my prod
server and witnessed a problem against a text file with binary
characters in a current project.  I've reverted to 2.0.58d, but it still
has the taginfo problem where it was outputting the pointer to the name
instead of the name (I don't recall the exact problem, but it was
something like that).

Tony -- Any chance of back-porting the taginfo fix to 2.0.58d until we
get 2.0.62.* stabilized?  I supposed I could revert back to 2.0.51d, but
I don't know if I remember the changes backward to that release so I'm
hesitant.

BTW:  Tony has already addressed the problem I mention in 1864, but I
haven't verified it yet (and I learned my lesson on upgrading my prod
server that fast).

--
Glen Starrett